21 Mar Why are CBD Topicals So Effective?
As more and more research is conducted on cannabinoids like CBD and the endocannabinoid system, newer ways to use cannabinoid-based products are being developed, including the use of our largest organ — our skin.
Cannabis topicals include balms, salves, lotions, and oils that are infused with active cannabinoids and are applied to and absorbed directly through your skin. Topicals have grown in popularity in recent years, with cannabinoids like CBD making their way into a variety of commercial products – from lip balm and massage oils to cosmetics and bath products. But, what makes CBD topicals so effective?
Why a CBD Topical?
Rather than ingesting CBD orally, which will affect the whole body and can take up to two or more hours to fully experience the effects, the topical application of cannabinoids allows them to be absorbed directly into the application area for faster and more focused relief.
Like all CBD hemp oil products, CBD oil topicals are non-psychoactive, and since the cannabinoids in these topicals interact with CB2 receptors near the skin, activating the endocannabinoid system, they are never absorbed into the bloodstream.
CBD is also more permeable to the skin than THC and other cannabinoids and are more likely to stimulate the CB2 cannabinoid receptors, making them a popular choice for the manufacture of cannabis topicals.
Additionally, because hemp oil helps to improve your skin’s lipids, it can also offer anti-aging properties. The essential fatty acids protect our skin from free radicals, which works to prevent damage that can come with age.
CBD Oil Salve
Some of the most popular CBD topicals are hemp oil salves from Dixie Botanicals® and RSHO™. These vegan CBD salves contain no artificial scents or dyes and are formulated with all-natural ingredients like sustainably-sourced beeswax, almond oil, ginger root, and of course, full-spectrum hemp oil. These CBD-infused salves can be massaged into dry, troubled skin, tired joints, and overworked muscles throughout the day as desired for immediate relief whenever you need it.
HempMeds Personal Care Line
Comprised of seven CBD body care products expertly formulated with botanical extracts and nourishing hemp oil, the HempMeds® Personal Care Line features shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and body lotion for a complete CBD bath experience.
- HempMeds® Hydrating and Purifying Hemp Shampoo combines pure CBD and natural extracts like Argan Oil and Goji Berry, and is formulated free of sulfates and parabens.
- HempMeds® Nourishing Conditioner is ideal for both moisturizing and detangling and is rich with various anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- HempMeds® Revitalizing Hemp Body Wash contains Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9 fatty acids that work to replenish and nourish damaged or dry skin, and fight germs.
- HempMeds® Hydrating and Soothing Hemp Lotion features a botanical blend of CBD, fatty acids, nutrients, and vitamins that help repair and hydrate the skin.
- HempMeds® Essential Body Oil combines MCT oil with hemp oil containing 500 mg per bottle, perfect for nourishing particularly troubled skin areas.
- HempMeds® Soothing Body Balm features a blend of almond oil, beeswax, camphor, and 50 mg of CBD in a 1.3-ounce jar for topical benefits wherever they’re needed.
- HempMeds® Active Relief Roll-On is a mentholated, CBD-infused topical perfect for natural relief after a strenuous workout or a physically active day at work.
Order Your Topical CBD Products Now
Don’t wait to indulge your skin and hair with our all-natural, botanically-infused topical products. All of these CBD topical products are available now in the HempMeds Online Store and can be delivered right to your door.