CBD Oil: Under the tongue application
May, 17, 2021 | posted in
How you consume your CBD oil product can be extremely important because it plays a role in how your body absorbs and delivers the botanical compound to your body, directly influencing how effective a CBD serving will be.
The “under-the-tongue” method of consumption has become a highly popular choice among HempMeds® customers for its ease of use and efficiency.
Under-the-Tongue CBD Administration
Under-the-tongue administration of CBD oil is one of the most convenient and simplest methods for getting your daily CBD. When you use this method of CBD oil consumption, you drop, spray, or spread your CBD oil product under the tongue. The active compounds in the CBD oil diffuse through the mucous membranes in the mouth and are then delivered to the bloodstream.
By holding the CBD oil under your tongue for 60-90 seconds, most of the active ingredients in CBD oil products are taken up by the capillaries in the mouth. You can then swallow the remaining hemp oil to allow any leftover compounds to enter the bloodstream through the digestive tract.
Benefits of Administering CBD Oil Under Your Tongue
The under-the-tongue method of using CBD is considered by many to be one of the best ways to dispense CBD oil. In general, there are three benefits to placing CBD oil under the tongue:
- Fast absorption
- Greater absorption
Taking CBD oil under your tongue is one the fastest ways to deliver CBD into your system. When you absorb hemp oil compounds under the tongue, they’re able to bypass the digestive system and metabolization by the liver. Instead of being broken down by the liver’s enzymes, the CBD and other active compounds in the hemp oil more quickly reach the bloodstream where they can stimulate their effects.
By allowing CBD to bypass the digestive system and liver, the under-the-tongue method also likely increases the degree at which the compounds are delivered to the bloodstream. The percentage that a substance is absorbed into the body is referred to as bioavailability. One study found that on average, taking CBD under the tongue increases the amount that’s absorbed by the body by 15-25% than when it’s swallowed.
The under the tongue method of using CBD oil also offers convenience for those that value getting their daily CBD product but are always on the move. It takes only a few seconds to place the serving under the tongue and then you’re able to go about your day.
Effects of Placing CBD Oil Under the Tongue
Once CBD and the other botanical compounds found in hemp oil are absorbed and reach the bloodstream, they’re able to get to work promoting health and wellness. Cannabinoids like CBD augment the body’s naturally occurring endocannabinoids to promote homeostasis within the body’s systems.
CBD and other cannabinoids are able to stimulate their natural benefits by interacting with your body’s endocannabinoid system, a native regulatory network that is responsible for keeping the body and its wide array of physiological functions in balance.
CBD interacts with the receptors of the endocannabinoid system, called cannabinoid receptors, to stimulate the system and support its objective of maintaining homeostasis. Once CBD is able to interact with the cannabinoid receptors and support the endocannabinoid system, the regulatory network is able to function more efficiently to optimize your body’s performance each day.
Because CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, you’re able to benefit from the natural balancing properties of cannabinoids without having to experience any euphoric effects.
Hemp CBD oil products also provide your body with many essential nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, proteins, terpenes, and flavonoids. Adding these crucial nutrients that are often missed from our diets through daily CBD oil servings also promotes health and well-being.
How to Administer CBD Oil Under the Tongue
Administering CBD oil under the tongue (sublingually) is one of the fastest ways to absorb CBD into the bloodstream. It’s also a simple means of consumption that can be done anywhere. Here’s how to properly consume CBD “sublingually”:
- Read the label on the CBD oil packaging to determine the proper serving size for your needs. If you’re using a CBD tincture with a standard 1 mL dropper, the bottle will likely tell you, approximately, how much CBD is in a full dropper. If this information isn’t provided or the dropper provided isn’t a standard size, you can still figure out how much CBD you’re consuming by determining the ratio of the total amount of CBD to the total liquid in the bottle. Then, figure out the total amount of liquid that can be held within the dropper and match the ratio with the one above, which will give you how much CBD is in one full dropper. If you’d like to determine how much CBD is in every single drop, a good rule of thumb is to divide the amount of CBD in a full dropper by 20 (the approximate number of drops in a standard dropper).
- Place your serving of CBD oil or CBD tincture underneath your tongue.
- Let your tongue rest on the bottom of your mouth to keep the CBD solution in place. Avoid swallowing and moving your tongue for at least one minute (90 seconds, if possible). This will allow mucous membranes in your mouth to absorb CBD into the bloodstream.
- After 60-90 seconds, swallow any remaining CBD extract.
CBD Oil Products That Can Be Placed Under the Tongue
Many of the CBD oil products on the market can be consumed under the tongue. HempMeds® pure CBD hemp oil and CBD liquid tinctures are popular CBD oil products that you can place under your tongue for fast absorption.
Pure CBD Oil
Our flagship brand Real Scientific Hemp Oil® is available in five varieties selections and features high-CBD hemp oil extracted straight from the hemp plant for high concentrations of CBD per serving.
Our RSHO® Green Label is hemp oil in its most raw form, pressed directly from the hemp plant’s stalk. Our popular RSHO® Blue Label offers hemp CBD oil that’s been decarboxylated to maximize cannabinoid content. For a more refined taste, our RSHO® Gold Label has been decarboxylated and filtered to remove excess waxes and plant material. For those seeking a truly high concentration of CBD, our RSHO® Special Blend combines our Blue and Gold Labels. Lastly, our RSHO® Maximum Strength blends our Green and Gold Labels to deliver our highest potency full-spectrum CBD oil product available.
CBD Tinctures and Liquids
Perhaps the most popular CBD that can be placed under the tongue, these products blend pure CBD hemp oil with carrier oils. HempMeds® carries two CBD tincture brands in our online shop, including RSHO® and Dixie Botanicals®.
Our Dixie Botanicals® Dew Drops brand offers broad-spectrum CBD hemp oil tinctures that feature medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil derived from wholesome coconut oil and are naturally flavored with peppermint, strawberry, tangerine, and vanilla oils.
Our RSHO® Liquids blend award-winning RSHO® hemp CBD oil with MCT oil. Available featuring Green, Blue, and Gold Labels, RSHO® Liquid has a naturally light flavor that makes it ideal for under-the-tongue delivery. RSHO-X™ is a CBD oil liquid made with CBD isolate rather than full-spectrum CBD oil, making it nearly tasteless.
CBD concentrates are an ideal under-the-tongue CBD product if you’re looking for the highest level of CBD. CBD concentrates feature hemp oil that has been filtered down to high concentrations.
HempMeds® offers RSHO® CBD Isolate, a pure isolate powder with 99% CBD. A proprietary process filters plant material and removes excess waxes, leaving a crystallized CBD isolate powder with no taste or smell that you can place under your tongue.
Why Choose HempMeds® Under-The-Tongue CBD Products?
When choosing CBD products for your needs, you want the best. Below, you’ll find several reasons why HempMeds® and our in-house brands are the best choices for safe, all-natural, and highly-effective under-the-tongue CBD products.
- All-Natural, Nutrient-Rich Hemp. Our CBD products are created using some of the planet’s finest certified organic hemp. We source our hemp from a generational family farm in the Netherlands, where it’s grown in nutrient-rich soil that’s free of chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides. This ensures that our hemp is not only safe, but packed with beneficial ingredients, too.
- Ultra-Clean Supercritical CO2 Extraction. To pull the CBD oil from our hemp, we use a process called supercritical CO2 extraction, which utilizes pressure-controlled CO2 as a solvent. Unlike other solvents such as butane, acetone, and hexane—all of which can be difficult to purge from the CBD extract—supercritical CO2 is ultra-stable and ultra-clean. It’s GRAS (“generally regarded as safe”) by the FDA.
- An Extensive Selection of Under-the-Tongue CBD Products. As you may have learned above, HempMeds® has an extensive selection of under-the-tongue CBD products to meet the needs of consumers worldwide, from pure CBD oils and isolates to a wide range of specially-formulated CBD tinctures and liquids.
- Safe, Accurate, and Precise Testing. When it comes to CBD, safety is everything. To that end, testing is crucial. In order to ensure that our products are among the safest in the world, we employ the Triple Lab Testing® process to test each one a total of three times. First, our hemp is tested for contaminants during and immediately after harvest. After extraction, our CBD extract is tested in ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited testing labs for toxins including mold, mildew, fungus, mycotoxins, heavy metals, and other trace cannabinoids. Finally, following formulation, our finished products are batch tested to ensure safety and precise potency. Then, and only then, do we pass them on to you.
- Bulk and Wholesale Buying Options. Have customers that may be interested in taking CBD oil under the tongue? Give them the industry’s finest options by partnering with HempMeds®. We make it easy to stock your inventory with our products, thanks to our bulk and wholesale buying options. We also have an Affiliate Program where you can earn a portion of our sales revenue simply by promoting our products on your web channels.