20 Apr HempMeds® Celebrates Hemp and CBD With “Hemp Health Week”
In tribute to the unofficial cannabis holiday 4/20, HempMeds® invites you to celebrate hemp and cannabidiol (CBD) by learning about their benefits, making a CBD recipe with your family and pushing for cannabis reform.
April 20th has evolved into a cultural experience that extends much further than a designated day for cannabis consumers to use. The annual unofficial cannabis holiday has since become an opportunity to celebrate the plant’s natural health benefits and to applaud the dedication and hard work of cannabis advocates across the globe. Throughout this entire week, which we’ve designated as “Hemp Health Week,” we invite you to join us in honoring hemp and its revolutionary cannabinoid CBD!
This week, through our blog, CBD shop, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts, we’ll be serving up content, trivia, promos and even a giveaway. We know that these are challenging times in social isolation, and we’re excited to connect with you over our shared appreciation for hemp and CBD.
To get you started, check out below, where we highlight some of our favorite hemp and CBD educational articles, provide CBD-infused recipes you can make with your family, and offer some tips on how to push for greater cannabis reform from the comfort of your home.
Learning About Hemp and CBD
Hemp has been widely used as an industrial crop for nearly the entirety of human domesticated history. Historically used for paper, textiles, and building materials, hemp is the sustainable choice for our planet’s health. In addition to hemp being one of the most versatile crops in the world, it’s also a valuable source of many of the essential building blocks of a healthy body, making hemp-based wellness products a popular choice among many consumers. Hemp is also naturally higher in CBD, one of over 100 cannabinoids that have so far been identified in the cannabis plant that naturally promotes health and wellness in people of all ages.
Learn all about the background and origins of hemp in the United States, and why its seeds, stalks, fiber, and extracted CBD oil are cause for celebration.
- Your Complete Overview of Hemp
- History of Hemp in the USA
- How Hemp Differs from Marijuana
- What is CBD Oil?
- Are Hemp and CBD Legal?
Ways to Celebrate Hemp Health Week
Due to public health considerations around the pandemic this year, many of the public events that typically take place on April 20 have been canceled or made into a virtual experience. You can still celebrate Hemp Health Week from the safety of your home. Here we offer some suggestions on how to have a fun and safe Hemp Health Week, without leaving your house!
Make a CBD Recipe
A fun way to experience the benefits of hemp and CBD is to add them directly to your diet.
- Make your own CBD-infused hemp hand sanitizer to help keep your hands germ free and soft when hand washing isn’t an option.
- If you’ve been baking more during self-isolation, make your own CBD-infused butter to use in your next batch of cookies, muffins, or banana bread.
- Start the day on balance with a homemade CBD-infused hemp acai bowl.
- Kick start your morning by infusing CBD into a cup of coffee.
- Top off your homemade pancakes or a yogurt parfait with CBD-infused honey.
- Add the benefits of CBD to your dinner by making your own CBD-infused lemon-garlic salad dressing.
Push for CBD and Cannabis Access
This time of year is for everyone who appreciates CBD and cannabis in all its forms. CBD and cannabis are more legally accessible than it’s been in decades, but there is still a long way to go until everyone has access to the natural wellness benefits of cannabinoids. We encourage you to spend a few minutes this week to be a vocal advocate for CBD and cannabis.
- Share your CBD story with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which is in the middle of crafting rules on how CBD can be marketed and sold.
- Write your local, state, and national legislators to encourage them to support cannabis reform.
- Donate to ECHO, a non-profit that helps families seeking cannabinoids with product donations and other support solutions.
Stay Close for Hemp Health Week
It’s the most wonderful time of the year … for hemp! Be sure to check back into our blog, plus follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to see all that we have going on for Hemp Health Week. You’ll also not want to miss what’s going on in our online CBD shop this week.