02 May CBD Honey Benefits
You can infuse CBD hemp oil into your favorite honey for a balancing and nutritious all-natural sweetener.
There are now more ways than ever to get your daily CBD hemp oil. Many of our customers are finding they enjoy incorporating our hemp CBD products into their favorite foods and beverages.
Earlier we discussed how to make your own CBD hemp oil butter, which can be used in various recipes.
Today, we look at hemp CBD honey, an all-natural and flavorful way you can add the natural benefits of CBD hemp oil into your day. CBD honey is the perfect natural sweetener for morning tea, coffee, oatmeal, or toast.
Below you’ll learn the natural benefits and effects of CBD honey and how to make your own.
What is CBD Honey?
CBD honey is natural honey that’s been infused with hemp-derived CBD oil. CBD oil is a botanical extract made from the stalks and seeds of hemp varieties that are naturally high in CBD.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is the most abundant of the over 100 cannabinoids found in hemp. The highly demanded hemp-derived compound encourages health and wellness by interacting with the body’s native systems.
CBD oil can always be consumed on its own. However, like with all CBD edibles, with CBD honey, you’re simply infusing your daily CBD serving into a food substance. That’s why some health food stores and wellness shops have started to carry their own CBD honey.
As with regular honey, CBD honey is tasty enough to enjoy on its own, mix into beverages, or drizzle over your favorite foods.
Natural Effects of CBD Honey
With CBD oil, you can bring the natural balancing properties of CBD and the nutritional content of hemp oil to your straight-from-nature sweetener.
CBD promotes balance and wellness by interacting with the body’s native endocannabinoid system, a signaling network responsible for regulating a wide array of bodily functions. A proper functioning endocannabinoid system is crucial for maintaining health. By interacting with cannabinoid receptors, CBD supports your endocannabinoid system’s efforts to keep your body in balance.
Hemp CBD oil is also a natural source of dietary requirements that support a complete diet. Hemp oil is a natural source of:
- Vitamins A, C, E
- B complex vitamins
- Essential fatty acids
Honey itself has also proven to have health benefits. Recognized as an effective cough suppressant and throat soother, honey has shown to be better at easing nighttime cough fits than some traditional medications. Research also indicates that honey has antibacterial properties against dozens of strains of bacteria, including E. Coli and salmonella.
For athletes and those who participate in endurance activities, honey may offer equal or greater long-lasting energy than glucose water.
Because it contains high levels of antioxidants, honey also holds some promise as an anti-cancer agent and a preventative for heart disease. Animal studies also suggest that honey plays an important role in regulating blood glucose, suggesting it could potentially help reduce the risk of diabetes.
What You Need to Make Your Own CBD Honey
To make your own CBD honey, all you’ll need is:
- Your choice of all-natural honey
- CBD Hemp Oil Liquids or CBD Isolate
Choosing Your Honey
Ideally, raw local honey obtained directly from a trusted beekeeper is best. Honey that comes from your neighborhood is thought to be a better immune system booster against the seasonal allergies located where you live.
Certified organic raw honey is also unprocessed and has its live enzymes preserved. Raw honey also doesn’t contain the high fructose corn syrup or other artificial sweeteners that are often found in more commercially available honey options.
CBD Hemp Oil Liquids
Made from a unique, high-CBD variety of hemp cultivated free of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides, RSHO™ Liquid features hemp oil that is unmodified and sourced straight from the hemp plant. It is an excellent source of CBD and the nutrients naturally found in hemp. Each 4 oz. bottle of RSHO™ Liquid provides 31 mg of CBD per serving, a total of 1000 mg per bottle.
RSHO™ Liquid is available in four Labels:
- Closest to the organic makeup of the natural hemp plant, our RSHO™ Green Label is hemp oil in its raw form. Because the hemp oil is not decarboxylated, the cannabinoids present in our Green Label are largely left in their acidic form.
- Our RSHO™ Blue Label hemp oil has undergone an additional decarboxylation step to transform the plant’s cannabinoids from their acidic form to maximize CBD content. Blue Label is an ideal option for those looking for higher CBD content while retaining the hemp plant’s natural composition.
- Our RSHO™ Gold Label has been decarboxylated and then put through an additional filtration process to remove the hemp plant’s excess waxes, chlorophyll, and other plant material. Featuring a more refined flavor, Gold Label is an ideal choice for those who are most interested in CBD content and value the end taste of their CBD honey.
- For those interested in avoiding even trace levels of THC, our RSHO-X™ is made by blending isolated CBD into medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil.
CBD-infused honey can also be made with RSHO™ CBD Isolate, a 99 percent pure CBD powder with no odor or flavor. Made from all-natural hemp oil, CBD isolate goes under a purification process to remove all plant material except for the CBD compounds themselves.
Need more help deciding on which Label of RSHO™ Liquid to choose? Read more about each of the Labels here.
Infusing hemp-derived CBD oil into honey doesn’t require much equipment. All you’ll need is:
- Glass jar with lid
A small to medium saucepan typically works best, unless you’re looking to make large amounts of CBD honey. When selecting a spoon, choose one that’s small enough to easily fit into the mouth of your glass jar.
How to Make CBD Honey
Making CBD honey is a relatively simple process, although it will require that you pick a time when you can be around the house for at least 45 minutes to an hour.
Before getting started, you’ll want to figure out how much CBD you’re looking to infuse into your honey. For example, if you’re making 1 cup of CBD honey, know that if you add 2 ounces of the 4-ounce bottle of RSHO™ Liquid, that CBD honey will contain 500 mg of CBD. There are 16 tablespoons in 1 cup, so in this example, each tablespoon would contain 31.25 mg of CBD.
Being 99 percent pure, each 1 gram of CBD Isolate contains 990 mg of CBD. If you add 50 mg of CBD isolate to 1 cup of honey, your CBD-infused honey would contain a total of 49.5 mg of CBD, or 3.09 mg in each tablespoon.
You can increase or decrease the amount of RSHO™ Liquid and RSHO™ CBD Isolate you add, depending on how much CBD you want to take.
Ready to get started?
- Spoon the honey into a glass jar that is room temperature.
- Fill your saucepan roughly halfway with water (water level should be high enough to approximately match the level of honey inside the jar) and set the oven to high heat to bring to a boil.
- Once the water reaches a steady boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and set it down onto a heat-resistant surface.
- After the water stops bubbling, slowly lower the jar of honey into the center of the saucepan so that it’s surrounded on all sides by hot water. Place the lid atop the jar, ensuring it stays loose so that air can escape.
- After 3 to 5 minutes to allow the honey to thin slightly, remove the lid and add your selected serving of RSHO™ Liquid or RSHO™ CBD Isolate to the jar of honey.
- Stir gently with a spoon to combine.
- Allow the CBD hemp oil to infuse into the honey for 20 minutes, stirring periodically.
- When done, remove the jar from the water and dry it off with a towel. Tighten the jar’s lid on securely and store your CBD honey at room temperature until you’re ready to use it
Once you’ve finished making your CBD honey, you can easily incorporate it into any food or beverage that you would use traditional honey. You can toss it with fresh fruit chunks in a bowl of low-fat plain yogurt. Add a teaspoon to your daily smoothie, drizzle it over your morning oatmeal, or stir it into warm apple cider.
Where to Get CBD Oil to Make CBD Honey
You can get the RSHO™ CBD Liquid you need to make your own CBD honey through the HempMeds® online shop or by calling 1-866-273-8502.