08 Dec CBD Holiday Recipe Guide
Well, they said winter was coming! The holidays are upon us. The lights, the music, the decorations, the parties, the ugly sweaters, and the elfs on the shelfs. The only thing missing? The treats and the goodies!
This year, we’re putting a little twist on things and creating our own CBD-infused holiday dishes and delights.
We’ve made a list (checked it twice), and we’re more than happy to share with our loyal HempMeds’ customers, (little drummer boy roll…) our CBD Holiday Recipe Guide!
With our CBD isolate crystals and our RHSO liquids, you can DIY the heck out of holiday baking by creating your own batches of CBD-infused breads, cakes, and cookies. We hope you find these recipes useful, and really, more inspiring than anything. You can pretty much add our CBD isolate and liquids to almost ANY recipe and make it work.
CBD Whipped Cream
Let’s start off easy! A dollop here, a dollop there, you’ll find things to top with this CBD-infused treat everywhere.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ g HempMeds CBD Isolate
Instructions: Place a large mixing bowl into a freezer for 20 minutes to chill. Once cold, combine whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and CBD crystals. Using an electric hand mixer, whip the ingredients on high speed, decreasing as the mixture becomes thicker. Don’t over whip! Serve on top on all the things!
CBD-Infused Holiday Eggnog
This recipe is for a frothy cup of virgin, CBD-infused eggnog. It makes about 16 servings, ideal for serving at parties. Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge. (If you want to sneak a shot of rum or Amaretto into yours, we won’t tell Santa.)
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon RSHO™ Liquid per mug as desired
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and salt until smooth and light in color
- Add in the whole milk, whipping cream, nutmeg, and vanilla. Whisk further until smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or using a hand mixer, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form – about four minutes.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the cream mixture until smooth.
- Chill until cold, then serve with more freshly grated nutmeg on top. Add a single ¾ teaspoon serving of RSHO™ Liquid to each mug. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Fig, Cherry, And CBD Hemp Soda Bread
Figgy pudding?! Not exactly, we still don’t know what that stuff is! But this fig and cherry soda bread is a nice take on the traditional holiday fruitcake, with a little CBD to boot.
- 2- cups ½ Organic unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 2/3 cup Organic Quick Oats
- 1/3 cup Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 2 tsp Dixie Botanicals CBD Hemp Oil Tincture
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1- cups ¾ buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped Figs Soft Dried Fruit
- •1/2 cup chopped Tart Montmorency Cherries Whole Sweetened Dried Fruit
- 1 tsp Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, 1/3 cup hemp hearts, salt, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, CBD Hemp tincture and egg in another bowl; pour over flour mixture and stir until ragged dough forms.
3. Add figs and cherries; stir until well mixed.
4. Turn dough onto floured work surface; knead once or twice and form into a ball. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle top with 1 tsp hemp hearts; press into dough, flattening into 7-inch round. Mark top with shallow 4-inch (10 cm) long “x” using sharp knife.
6. Bake 40 minutes or until bread is deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on bottom. Let cool on rack 30 minutes before slicing.
CBD Holiday Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry sauce–it’s not just for Thanksgiving. Use it like a jam on toast and bagels. Mix it up with some goat cheese for a yummy dip on Christmas Eve. Of course, place it on the dinner table at Christmas, it goes with anything!
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 12 oz cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- orange zest
- 1/3 g HempMeds CBD Isolate
- Over medium heat, combine sugar, orange juice, water, cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick, and orange zest to a saucepan.
- Stir cranberries occasionally and allowing them to soften.
- Once half of the cranberries have softened, add the CBD Isolate.
- Continue stirring occasionally until cranberries have softened into sauce form.
- Remove from heat and serve chilled.
Salted Caramel CBD Potato Chip Cookies
Potato chips in a cookie? Bring it on. These little beauties you save for yourself, no cookie exchange or leaving ‘em out for Santa action here.
- 1 gram HempMeds CBD Isolate
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 cup potato chips finely crushed
- 25 caramel candies
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. In a bowl, mix butter and sugar until very fluffy (about 10 minutes).
- Add vanilla and half of the flour. Mix.
- Add the rest of the flour. Mix.
- Stir in potato chips, and roll dough into 1” balls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges turn brown.
- In a saucepan, melt the caramels with the heavy cream. Add 1 gram CBD Isolate Powder. Stir until powder is dissolved. Drizzle over cookies, and immediately top with coarse sea salt.
Homemade Mexican Hot Chocolate
Mmmmmm, time to take a holiday classic down south, yet kick it up a notch!
- 6 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (12-ounce) bags semisweet chocolate chips (recommended: Hershey’s)
- ¾ teaspoon RSHO™ Liquid per cup
- Cocoa powder, for serving
- For stovetop: In a large pot over medium heat, whisk together milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- Add chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Cover and turn heat to low for 5 minutes.
- In a poured cup, stir in CBD liquid and serve with a dusting of cocoa powder.
CBD Holiday Brownies
“A little magic dust for the reindeer, a little for Santa Claus, a little more for Santa Clause…” What kind of make your own, hemp-inspired recipe list doesn’t include brownies?!
Once they’re done, try out different frostings and toppings to ensure they sport some holiday flair. We suggest green peppermint frosting, crushed up candy cane pieces, green and red sprinkles, etc. Or use strawberries and cream cheese frosting to create a Santa hat brownie bite!
- ½ cup vegetable oil (mixed with a quarter gram CBD isolate, which is almost 250 mg)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon packing powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 x 9 square pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until sides just start to pull away from the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting. Add holiday toppings before cutting.
Happy Holidays From HempMeds®!
We hope you enjoy and put to use our Holiday Recipe Guide. Remember, this is just the beginning–you can pretty much add our CBD isolate or liquid into any recipe and it should work out just fine.
Our CBD isolate is odorless and tasteless, which makes it perfect for adding to your own recipes. Turn that holiday bake sesh into a CBD-infused party!
If you’re still shopping, be sure to check out our 2017 Holiday Gift Guide.
Good luck, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and salutations. We look forward to providing all your daily CBD serving needs in 2018 and beyond.